May 17, 2019 – Latest Update
Hello, buddies! If you’re anything like me, you’ve already started scrambling to come up with holiday gift ideas for your loved ones. I do, however, have a fantastic idea for you today! Your friends and family will undoubtedly adore them because they are cheap and really amazing. Without further ado, let me to demonstrate how to create beautiful Chevron-patterned sharpie cups. It’s easy, I GUARANTEE!
Materials required to make sharp mugs with a chevron pattern:
Black Mugs I purchased mine from The Dollar Store. Oil-based Gold Metallic Sharpie Paint Pens are REQUIRED to be oil-based. The specific pens I use are as follows: Sharpie Oil-Based Fine Point Paint Markers
} Oil-based Sharpie Paint Pens in Silver Metallic remover of fingernail polish Towel paper
1) To remove any oils from the surface of your cups, wipe them clean with fingernail polish remover.
2) Draw vertical lines around your mug with one of your oil-based Sharpies, spacing them about 3/4 of an inch apart. Don’t try to be flawless. Just free-hand the lines until they are relatively straight. The flaw contributes to the charm.
3) Next, connect each of your vertical lines with a diagonal line. Make sure to change the diagonal lines’ directions in each vertical section.
3) Next, add vertical lines to each other chevron block. As seen in the photographs, be sure to alternate the pattern.
DON’T PANIC if you make a mistake. Just remove your error with a little nail paint remover before trying again.
4) Set your oven’s temperature to 350 degrees. Set your mugs inside the preheated oven, and bake them there for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven after 30 minutes and allow the cups and oven to cool.
I haven’t examined these cups to see if they can go in the dishwasher. Some assert they are, while others deny it. Although I would advise hand washing them, you are welcome to give a dishwashing machine a try. Please let me know if they are okay if you do!
How adorable are they? I think I love these even more than the incredibly popular quick dotted sharpie mugs that I created a while back!
If you haven’t already, you should check out my simple dotted sharpie mugs because they also make wonderful gifts and are just as simple to make.
If you enjoy this project, please pin it or spread the word about it on social media. Please let me know if cleaning one of these in the dishwasher is safe if you’ve ever tried it.
key=1 mv create 1 11 200 2016 Most Popular Projects type=list A href=”https://designertrapped.com”>thumbnail=andlt;/spanandgt; DIY home décor projects blog wp content uploads jpg target= blank a span